Wishlist for architecture
What would you like to see the architecture working on
- Listening to device reporter - 0.2 / 0.3 (Android) (No JIRA)
- Lifecycle manager and its relation to the service synthesizer tool. (No JIRA)
- Connecting semantic framework with the solution registry. (No JIRA)
- Mapping internal application users to GPII users. (Single sign on) - 0.3. (No JIRA)
- Document directory structure on the wiki - 0.2
- Document directory structure of the code
- Conditional preferences (example Omnitor; change settings depending on which person you’re calling) - after actual device/environment reporter - 0.2/0.3 (No JIRA)
- latest proposal = Proposal for Declarative Preference Conditions? The format has also been worked on by the Context team (Andres et al.).
- Supporting binary data. (No JIRA)
- Proper device reporting - 0.2 / 0.3 (Android). (No JIRA)
- Common terms registry / listing. Relevant JIRAs:
- GPII-230: Define common terms to be used by in the second round of pilots (work in progress; Claudia & Christophe)
- Snapshotting tool - 0.4 (start planning soon). Relevant JIRAs:
- Security - 0.3 (or at least have a plan!). Relevant JIRAs:
- GPII-45: Component for user-selected privacy and security settings: also covers trusted components like matchmakers.
- GPII-33: Use an anonymous token for user identification instead of their name
- Thin matchmaker (and transformer) / allowing web based applications and other apps more to use the common setting - 0.2
- .INI settings handler 0.2 (needed for pilots). Relevant JIRAs:
Update June 2013
- Continue the model transformation work. Relevant JIRAs:
- Get the pilots branch merged into master.
- Need to document clear JIRAs and wiki pages explaining each feature and the steps to test them.
- Relevant JIRAs: GPII-177: Move relevant parts of the pilot branch (excl. matchmakers) to master.
- Automated integration testing (building on Cloud4all Integration Tests and Cloud4all Pilot Scenario Tests). Relevant JIRAs (in random order):
- SP-36: Create instructions for Integration Testing and Pre-Pilot testing on the wiki.
- GPII-20: Write Integration tests for GPII/Cloud4All autopersonalization.
- GPII-237: For each SP3 application: Write integration tests.
- GPII-77: Synchronise GPII's jqUnit with the one that is held in latest Infusion with FLUID-4886.
- GPII-2: TestDriver for gpii modules fails on run.
- Release GPII/Cloud4all v0.2:
- Check Issues for V0.2.
- Android convergence. Relevant JIRAs:
- A re-envisioned Security Gateway (Oauth 2.0 & UMA). Relevant JIRAs:
- GPII-238: Integrate with current security gateway.
- See also: GPII-17: Implement OAuth for a number of GPII components such as Preferences Server and Solutions Registry (not a feature request for the Security Gateway as such).
- Web-based Flow Manager for web personalization. Relevant JIRAs:
- Error handling and logging improvements. (See the thread from June 2013, the message from July and JIRA issue GPII-139.) The logs should make benchmarking of the matchmakers easier.
- Preference editors (see User Preferences UX). Relevant JIRAs:
- GPII-229: Integrate PCP with snapshotter.
- GPII-231: Define presets for PCP for all pilot 2 common terms.
- GPII-232: Define and implement remaining adjusters for PCP/PMT for pilot 2 terms (requires subtasks/subissues!).
- GPII-235: Implement feedback mechanism from matchmakers to PCP/PMTs.
- GPII-241: Ensure that PCP works under Android.
- Settings snapshotter.
- Conditions in preferences set (see Proposal for Declarative Preference Conditions). (No JIRA; see above.)
- Next generation Ontology Service. (No JIRA)
- Separate ‘GPII framework’ from universal repository and offer it as a reusable framework for building apps (‘Kettle’). JIRA:
- Unified Listing. (No JIRA)
- Common Terms Registry (see Registry - database planning and Registry - choice of database). (No JIRA)