Standardization Meeting 2017-12-08
- 1 Connection Info
- 2 Attendance
- 3 Report on GPII standardization workshop on Oct. 13, 2017 in Brussels (Carla, Estelle, Gregg, Gottfried)
- 4 Report on SAGA meeting in Brussels on Nov. 21, 2017 in Brussels (Estelle)
- 5 Report on MSP ICT workshop on Dec. 6, 2017 in Brussels (Estelle?)
- 6 Revision of overview on standardization activities (all)
- 7 Prosperity4all deliverable: D503.5 Implementation Resources for EN 301 549
- 8 Action items and next steps
- Scheduled date & time
- Connect by browser: Gotomeeting room 3
- Connect by phone: Meeting ID and access code: 161-482-213
- United States: +1 (786) 358-5410
- Australia: +61 7 3123 6029
- Austria: +43 (0) 7 2088 1400
- Belgium: +32 (0) 92 98 0592
- Canada: +1 (416) 900-1165
- Denmark: +45 (0) 69 91 88 62
- Finland: +358 (0) 942 41 5778
- France: +33 (0) 182 880 456
- Germany: +49 (0) 811 8899 6975
- Ireland: +353 (0) 14 845 976
- Italy: +39 0 247 92 12 39
- Netherlands: +31 (0) 208 080 379
- New Zealand: +64 (0) 4 974 7215
- Norway: +47 21 03 58 96
- Spain: +34 911 82 9782
- Sweden: +46 (0) 313 613 558
- Switzerland: +41 (0) 225 3314 51
- United Kingdom: +44 (0) 203 535 0621
- United States: +1 (786) 358-5410
Present: Gottfried, Estelle, Madeleine, Gregg, Judy
Report on GPII standardization workshop on Oct. 13, 2017 in Brussels (Carla, Estelle, Gregg, Gottfried)
See workshop report.
Report on SAGA meeting in Brussels on Nov. 21, 2017 in Brussels (Estelle)
CEN Strategic Advisory Group on Accessibility. Presentation focused on DSpace and what the P4a standardization group was doing. Positive feedback, many were interested in AT. Questions on database of available solutions. Will keep in contact - Estelle will follow up.
Report on MSP ICT workshop on Dec. 6, 2017 in Brussels (Estelle?)
Multi-Stakeholder Platform for ICT Standardization. New rolling plan for ICT standardization for 2018 was presented. Estelle can provide more information on request. Estelle presented information on DSpace, and mapping. Showed a short video presentation on DSpace mapping to EN 301 549.
Revision of overview on standardization activities (all)
Reports on standardization activities. What has happened since our last meeting in March?
Information provided in the call (please update the roadmap to reflect these updates, if you haven't done so):
- Personalization work now under ARIA group, Coga task force. Work on personalization semantics.
- IDPF is now part of W3C, Digital Publishing. !! Gottfried: Modify roadmap to reflect this.
- Madeline: IMS working on personal preferences structure. Terms and vocabularies for expressing user preferences.
- Judy: Will provide link to W3C overview page on standardization that is going on related to accessibility and personalization.
- Judy: W3C working on standards for the Web of Things.
- Preferences for Global Access: Project ended. Work continued in APCP. !! Gottfried: Modify roadmap to reflect this.
- Estelle: ERPB Working Group on Mobile and Card Based Contactless Proximity Payments working on new standard.
Prosperity4all deliverable: D503.5 Implementation Resources for EN 301 549
Delivery date: Jan. 2018 (month 48)
Description: In the DoW, what comes closest to a description for this deliverable is as follows:
- "This task will also propose a set of guidelines valid for the applications considered in the project and applicable also to new applications and mainstream ICT devices. These guidelines will provide best practices associated with the role and responsibilities of all stakeholders in the design, development and deployment of accessibility solutions."
At the all-hands meeting 2017 in Stuttgart, we decided to work on an annotation tool for ETSI 301 549 as an implementation guidance for developers and project managers. It should tell them how to make it easy to comply with ETSI 301 549. This is of particular interest to us since ETSI 301 549 is the technical basis for the European Directive on Accessibility of the websites and mobile applications of public sector bodies of Oct. 2016. We believe that this directive will be a major driver for accessibility of Websites and mobile apps in Europe in the coming years. ETSI EN 301 549 is planned to be revised in the coming 15 months to better address the new scope of the directive, i.e. including mobile apps. And for us, it seems to be a good opportunity to describe how the P4a tools and tutorials can be used to fulfill specific provisions of ETSI 301 549. The European Commission has welcomed this initiative at the workshop on Oct. 13 in Brussels.
Proposed document structure:
- Executive Summary
- 1 Contribution to the global architecture
- 2 Introduction
- 2.1 Context for this deliverable
- 2.2 Purpose and audience for this deliverable
- 2.3 The D503.5 task force
- Add: 2.4 Updated roadmap of standardization work
- 3 Mapping of DSpace Items to EN 301 549 Provisions
- 3.1 Relevance of EN 301 549
- 3.2 Relevance of DSpace for complying with EN 301 549
- 3.3 Study on mapping DSpace items to EN 301 549
- 3.4 Integration of mapping information in the DSpace
- 3.5 Sustainability of mapping information in the DSpace
- 4 Dissemination activities and initial feedback
- 4.1 Workshop with standardization stakeholders in Brussels on 2017-10-13
- 4.2 Presentation at SAGA meeting in Brussels on 2017-11-21
- 4.3 Presentation at MSP ICT meeting in Brussels on 2017-12-07
- 5 Conclusion & Outlook
- Annex I: Glossary
- Annex II: Initial mapping – sorted by DSpace items
- Annex III: Initial mapping – sorted by EN 301 549 provisions
- Internal feedback (P4a) expected on proposed document structure
- Gottfried and co-authors: Prepare final draft
- P4a internal review
- Final editing
- Submission to EC
Action items and next steps
From this meeting:
- Gottfried: Change roadmap: IDPF under W3C. Add APCP.
- Judy: Change roadmap to reflect current W3C work relevant to GPII. Include pointer to standardization overview page at W3C.
- Madeleine: Change roadmap: Schema.org revision, EPUB 3.1 release.
- Andy: Change roadmap: User Needs Summary.
From previous meeting:
- Results from user needs summary (once finished) should be registered as concept terms.
- Register terms coming from IMS, schema.org, Dublin Core on GPII registry server. Contact Tony Atkin for adding terms.