Standardization Meeting 2017-03-28
- Scheduled date & time
- Connect by browser: Gotomeeting room 3
- Connect by phone: Meeting ID and access code: 161-482-213
- United States: +1 (786) 358-5410
- Australia: +61 7 3123 6029
- Austria: +43 (0) 7 2088 1400
- Belgium: +32 (0) 92 98 0592
- Canada: +1 (416) 900-1165
- Denmark: +45 (0) 69 91 88 62
- Finland: +358 (0) 942 41 5778
- France: +33 (0) 182 880 456
- Germany: +49 (0) 811 8899 6975
- Ireland: +353 (0) 14 845 976
- Italy: +39 0 247 92 12 39
- Netherlands: +31 (0) 208 080 379
- New Zealand: +64 (0) 4 974 7215
- Norway: +47 21 03 58 96
- Spain: +34 911 82 9782
- Sweden: +46 (0) 313 613 558
- Switzerland: +41 (0) 225 3314 51
- United Kingdom: +44 (0) 203 535 0621
- United States: +1 (786) 358-5410
Present: Shadi Abou-Zahra, Christophe Strobbe, Gottfried Zimmermann, Estelle Huchet, Carla Zaldua, Gregg Vanderheiden, Andy Heath, Judy Brewer, Andreas Stiegler
Regrets: Matthias Peißner
Who wants to be added to the mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org? - Judy, Shadi
Overview on standardization activities (all)
Reports on standardization activities.
Application Guidelines, policy and standards recommendations
In Prosperity4all, Deliverable D503.5 is titled "Application Guidelines, policy and standards recommendations". It is due by Jan. 2018 (last month of Prosperity4all).
During the P4a all-hands meeting in Stuttgart in March 2017 it was discussed to implement this deliverable as a guidance document to ETSI EN 301 549 (the technical standard for the European Commission's Directive on making public sector websites and apps more accessible - previously called mandate 376). The idea is to point the reader to P4a tools and guidelines that help to fulfill selected provisions of the standard.
Note: ETSI EN 301 549 is planned to be revised in the coming 15 months to better address the new scope of the directive, i.e. including mobile apps.
- Gottfried to contact Judy about coordination with W3C about implementation guidance for WCAG 2.1 - in particular mobile accessibility.
Standardization workshop planning (Gottfried, Estelle)
The P4a DoW mentions in T502.2: "The project partners shall participate in a series of meetings, conferences and workshops to address the different target audiences."
A standardization workshop is being planned by P4a in Brussels, possibly in Q2/2017 (2nd week of July?), with invitations to ETSI, CEN/CENELEC, AENOR, ANEC, EDF, EC DG-CONNECT, and possibly other standardization officers and politicians.
- Present the idea of developing a GPII annex (implementation guidance) for ETSI EN 301 549 (revised) - get feedback
- EC to present on the annual European rolling plan on ICT standardization
- EC should send draft of the actual rolling plan to us 4 weeks ahead of the workshop
- GPII should submit comments before the workshop
- Discuss relation between rolling plan and GPII standardization work
- (Optional) Present other standardization work of GPII (roadmap)
- ISO/IEC 24751-1 Access4All framework (registry service)
- ISO/IEC 24752-8 User Interface Resource Framework (API and format for Preference and other context services)
- Schema.org extensions for accessibility
Gottfried to set up a call for those organizing the standardization workshop.
Action items and next steps
From previous meeting:
- Results from user needs summary (once finished) should be registered as concept terms.
- Register terms coming from IMS, schema.org, Dublin Core on GPII registry server. Contact Tony Atkin for adding terms.
From this meeting:
- Gottfried to set up a call for those organizing the standardization workshop.
- Gottfried to contact Judy about coordination with W3C about implementation guidance for WCAG 2.1 - in particular mobile aspect.