Standardization Meeting 2015-02-06
Standardization Meeting on 2015-02-06
- Doodle poll: http://doodle.com/qrurcyu7mf7yygae
- GotoMeeting room2: https://www3.gotomeeting.com/join/619028605
Present: Gottfried Zimmermann (HDM), Gregg Vanderheiden (RtF-I), Andy Heath, Jutta Treviranus (IDRC), Madeleine Rothberg (NCAM), Till Riedel (KIT), Lukas Smirek (HDM)
Regrets: Alice Sinigaglia (AGE)
Top-Level Goals (Gottfried)
In general, our top-level goals are:
- Reuse existing standards (in particular mainstream standards) wherever possible.
- Where necessary, develop and validate new standards on GPII technologies.
- Work towards adoption and inclusion of the GPII standards in relevant standardization processes and projects.
Current standardization activities (Gottfried & others)
- See draft roadmap at http://wiki.gpii.net/w/Standardization_Roadmap
- Please think about current activities that are missing in the roadmap.
- Andy: IndieUI - User Context standard: How to get the user's preferences into the Browser so that they can be used for adaptation? Hard to persuade vendors to implement somebody else's preferences. Rich Schwerdtfeger is editor.
- Andy: IEEE ADBook group. Andy will explore whether they want to have a relationship with GPII.
- Andy: Also active in JTC1 SC35 WG6 on accessibility (having received the standards from JTC1 SWG-A).
- Madeleine: IMS work.
- Madeleine: "Shepherd" of Schema.org (based on IMS terminology). No formal working group for Schema.org currently.
- Jutta: Gates foundation involved in this work. Jutta will meet representatives.
- Jutta: 24751-3 is supposed to reflect IMS+Schema.org (with some updates).
- Jutta: Adaptiva all nativa inclusive learning projects. Disability rights promotion international.
- Jutta: Include Silvia Baldiras in this group?
Planning on Prosperity4all deliverable
D503.4 Standardization and Concertation Report (HDM, public report, due July 2015)
New mailing list for this group.
- Gregg will set this up as a working group mailing list.
- People on this call will be signed up.
Other people who might want to be on this group?
- Matthias Peißner (Gottfried will ask)
- Silvia Baldiras (Jutta asked)
- Everybody: Review and/or add information on the GPII Standardization Roadmap.
- Gottfried: Ask Matthias Peißner if he wants to be on the mailing list.
- Gottfried: Start drafting deliverable: D503.4 Standardization and Concertation Report (HDM, public report, due July 2015).
- Gottfried: Set up Doodle poll for next call for this group (in May 2015).