Raising the Floor Consortium Membership Agreement and IPR Policy
About The RtF Member Agreement and IPR Policy
The purpose of this membership agreement and IPR policy is to ensure that all of the work of the working group and contributors is free of intellectual-property entanglements.
- We want to be sure that all of the standards that we develop are as free as possible of of any IP.
- We also want to be sure that all of the software that we develop has been developed without anyone injecting any code they know to be owned so that the result can be open source.
The membership agreement states
- that the undersigned agree to join the Consortium and adhere to the intellectual property rights agreement.
- It also says that if the Consortium decides to raise money, that members do not need to contribute.
- Any contributions are completely voluntary.
- There are no dues or fees for being a member of the Raising the Floor Consortium.
- The Raising the Floor Consortium is simple a group of individuals and organizations that have come together in a common cause to make ICT easier for everyone to access.
NOTE: Only people working in the Working Groups, working on code, or working on standards, or otherwise effecting the standards and products of the RtFC need to sign the RtFC Member Agreement and IPR Policy though all are welcome.
Current Draft of Agreement
The Raising the Floor Consortium Membership Agreement and IPR Policy is currently undergoing its final revision.
A copy of the draft agreement and IPR policy is provided here: media:RTFc_MEMBERS_AGREEMENT_and_IPR_Policy-3-22-12.pdf