Welcome to the GPII WIKI (Where all the work gets done)
The purpose of the Global Public Inclusive Infrastructure (GPII) is to ensure that everyone who faces accessibility barriers due to disability, literacy, digital literacy, or aging, regardless of economic resources, can access and use Internet technology to access information, communities, things and services for education, employment, daily living, civic participation, health, and safety.
This is the working space for the GPII working groups
- If you don't know what the GPII, Raising the Floor (Consortium and International), CLOUD4All or Prosperity4All are...
- This wiki
If you want to follow what we are doing or join us - then dive in below.
- Working meetings calendar: GPII Public Collaboration Calendar.
- Mailing lists:lists.gpii.net - follow link to sign up
- IRC channel: #fluid-work and #fluid-tech on irc.freenode.net (more information about IRC).
- Per topic, issue and task trackers: JIRA.
- Private project lists (only used for funding/reporting/admin stuff): P4A
To help keep track of decisions we have created a special pages for logging decisions that have effect across GPII.
- The GLOSSARY page is where terminology decisions will be logged
- The DECISIONS LOG page contains a reverse chronological listing decisions along with links back to the working pages where they are described more fully.
Running the GPII
The GPII core infrastructure currently runs on Linux (Fedora), Windows and Android. Our 'builds' are most suitable for demonstrations or allow developers to explore the GPII and contribute to our work.
- See Installing the GPII or Setting Up Your Development Environment for installation on Linux and Windows. The Cloud4All developers blog also has detailed installation instructions.
We welcome suggestions, issue reports (bugs) or contributions of any form, including designs, documentation and code. In addition to joining our community through the forums listed above we have a Contributor's Emporium to help you "get on board", whether you are a volunteer or paid by someone to work on GPII related activity.
The work of GPII is divided into the following major areas
- Each has its own working groups, mail list, and work areas
- Links to the home pages for each working group are provided below
- All of the information about the group, its meetings, lists, and links to all work areas for the group can be found from there
- The numbered WP references are to WorkPackages in the CLOUD4All Project that is currently exploring and building many of the core components of the GPII (as can be seen below), links to other funded projects such as Prosperity4All are mostly categorized for internal reference
- Others are welcome to join in and collaborate on these efforts, however.
- How this work is organized; meeting times; contributors; etc. (WP105)
- Overview of the CLOUD4All/GPII architecture flow and components
- Details on inter-module communication interfaces
- Security and Privacy from infrastructure implementation standpoint. (see Policies below for discussion from policy standpoint)
- User Preferences including Standards, the Common Terms Registry and all gathered data on User Needs and Preferences (interfaces and materials) (WP101, WP102, WP103,WP201,WP202,
- Ontologies and ontological tools (WP101,WP201)
- Matchmaking (all REAL-TIME Matchmaking work, See Shopping Aid under Unified Listing and MarketPlace for "pre-sale" matchmaking) (WP204, WP205))
- Discovery Aids
- Tools to help users (working with professionals if needed and available) discover what will help them and record their Needs and Preferences
- Vendors and Implementers
- Information on all of the current implementations (products, systems, etc) (SP3 all WPs) (WP504)
- APIs and assistance to vendors and implementors in making their products CLOUD4All/GPII compatible (WP105, and all SP3)
- Imp Tiger Team The Implementation Tiger Team works on helping make as many assistive technologies and mainstream products as possible GPII-Compatible
- Unified Listing and MarketPlace
- Unified Listing - work on creating the Federated Listing of all Open and Closed source, Commercial and Free, Add-on and built-in access features. (WP203)
- GPII Marketplace - work to create a Marketplace for "purchasing" commercial and free Access solutions
- Shopping Aid - development of "Pre-sale" matching aid to help users find thing in Unified Listing (and marketplace) based on NP Profiles (See also REAL-TIME Matchmaking)
- Developers Space
- Rules and policies governing testing within RtF/CLOUD4All/GPII (WP401) (Also See Ethics Below)
- Testing within CLOUD4All (WP402, WP403)
- Other testing activities
- Library GPII System prototype installation demonstrating the GPII
- Plans for Demonstration systems and events
- Work on creation of an on-line demonstration system (WP404)
- Work on creating live demonstrations of GPII (WP502)
- Policies of GPII
- The IPR policies and procedures governing this work including templates for use in our code
- Ethics Policies (WP104, WP501/A501.3) (Ethics gateway is in Architecture)
- Security and Privacy Policies (see also architecture for security implementations)
- Use Cases and Implementations
- Economic and Ecosystem Models
- Inclusive Models
- Economics and value propositions for GPII withing the overall ICT Accessibility Ecosystem
- any gaps or areas of Ecosystem where GPII might help
- options for how the GPII or its components might look or function in order to best work with the overall ecosystem parts/players
- how the ecosystem might evolve in the future and any impact on how the GPII should be designed or implemented.
- Standardization Roadmap
- List of standards relevant for GPII
- Outreach (WP502, WP503, WP504)
- Concertation efforts
- PROTECTION OF IPR
- Contact Information
- Mailing Lists
- Regular meetings