Madrid Implementers Workshop
This page contains information about the Cloud4all Implementors Workshop, Madrid, Spain (28-29 November, 2012). It will take place at UPM in Madrid. The meeting rooms will be B5 for the 28th and B11 for the 29th. Both rooms are nearby and signs will be provided by UPM.
The content of this page will update as we get closer to the workshop.
There are a few things we would like participants to prepare for the hackathon.
Installation of Cloud4All/GPII on your system:
- We would like everyone attending to make sure they have an installation of GPII on their machine, or in a VM on their machine.
- The installation instructions for both Windows and Linux can be found here: Setting Up Your Development Environment
- We found a bug under Windows that might affect the install procedure (see http://lists.gpii.net/pipermail/architecture/2012-November/000645.html). We're working on figuring out when and why it happens and fixing it. You should still be able to install under windows in most cases.
Questions about your application: Please fill out the following questions on: Madrid Implementers Workshop - Applications
- Short description of you application (1 paragraph or so)
- How are settings stored for your application? (eg. XML)
- How is your application launched/killed? (eg. commands, location of .exe, etc)
- How can one detect whether application is installed? (eg. registry lookup)
Considerations for hackathon:
- What would you like to know about C4A?
- Is there anything we can do to make your implementation progress easier, ways that the architecture (/architecture team) can accommodate your application better?
- What would you like to work on during the hackathon?
The agenda will be fairly loose, and will be set by those attending according to needs and interest. We do have some presentations scheduled and a general sketch of the days. Amongst other Wednesday morning will contain presentations introducing the latest changes and a general recap on the architecture framework.
Wednesday, November 28th
|Session 1: General Overview|
|9:00 - 11:00||
|Session 2: Hacking|
| 11:15 - 12:30
13:30 - 17+
New Implementers and interested:
Thursday, November 29
|Session 1: Pilot Testing|
|9:00 - 10:30||
Technical validation plan for the SP3 applications (for 1st pilot phase)
|Session 2: Hacking|
| 10:45 - 12:30
13:30 - 17+
- Kasper Markus
- Boyan Sheytanov
- Linux/Gnome (Emergya): Javier Hernandez
- Java phone (CERTH): Kostas Kalogirou (or other programmer)
- Smart Phone (Vodaphone): Tomas de Andres (and other developer)
- MS Surface (SILO): Giorgos Papakyriakopoulos and Thanos Karanjias
- Smart-house (ASTEA): Boyan Sheytanov
- WebAnywhere (RtF-I): Kasper
- Sample Social Networkng App [BD]: Xavier Rafael
- SuperNova (Enlogic): Nikos Demou
- Mobile Access (Code Factory): Ferran Gállego
- Allan eC (Omnitor): Christer Ulfsparre
- Maavis (Open Directive): Steve Lee
- ReadWrite Gold & SpeechStream (TextHelp): Sam Kirkpatrick
- Kostas Votis (CERTH, Semantic Framework)
- Nikos Kaklanis (CERTH, Semantic Framework)
- Christophe Strobbe (HDM, Matchmaking)
- Florian Röser (HDM)
- Jonathan Chachón (TECH)
- Andrés Iglesias (TECH)
Contacting the Architecture Team
If you have any questions, comments, etc., you can write the architecture mailing list: firstname.lastname@example.org or use the IRC Channel: #fluid-tech. You can also write directly to Kasper Markus or Boyan Sheytanov.