This page is out of date! Consult Cloud4all deliverable D204.1 instead.
The GUIDE (Gentle user interfaces for elderly people) project is one of the 4 projects building the VUMS (Virtual User Modelling and Simulation Standardisation) cluster. GUIDE aims to developing personalized, adaptive multimodal user interfaces for elderly users . Other projects related to the needs of elderly people are: WAI_AGE; DTV4ALL, eACCESS+, eSeniors, CANVAS. The following outcomes will be part of the GUIDE project:
- GUIDE Framework: consist of software components that automatically perform multi-modal adaptation on legacy and future Web & TV platforms (STBs, Connected TV). The framework can be used by developers to create adaptive HTML-based interfaces.
- GUIDE Tools: development tools to design applications that are operable with the GUIDE framework (GUIDE Simulator ).
- GUIDE User Model: development of a new virtual user model that reflects impairments and preferences of elderly people. This user model is the enabling technology for the GUIDE framework and the GUIDE tools.
The adaption of multimodal interface components based on the user model controlling the mapping between the user characteristics and the interface configuration. Thereby static (predefined user interface profile based on user groups) as well as dynamic adaption (individual user characteristic and real-time interaction) are considered.
- European Commission EU FP7 2007-2013 - Accessible and Assistive ICT"
Useful information and sources for Cloud4All
- developed user model 
- Dynamic adaptation techniques and context tracking [publication or online source?]
- GUIDE project website
- GUIDE Simulator Prototype
- A Prototype of the GUIDE User Model: Biswas, P and Langdon, PM (2010) A prototype of the GUIDE user model. In: Workshop on Accessibility, User Profiling and Adaptation at the 24th British Computer Society Conference on Human-Computer Interaction (HCI 2010), 6-9-2010 to 10-9-2010, Dundee, Scotland. [Online source ?]