GPII work on developing tools for new users (never used computers before - or no longer can use computers at all) - to DISCOVERY their needs and preferences
These tools are targetted at user's with
- No experience with computers.
- All levels of accessibility need from low to High (e.g., little to no useful vision).
- Willing to try something that would DIscover what they need
- working with someone who is accessibility aware and trained (or)
- accompanied only by a non-accessibility aware companion
- (many people cannot afford a professional evaluation - and no one will pay for it.)
- (Also accessibility aware people are not available in all locations)
No context: The tools must assume that nothing is known about this person other than a language they understand.
This is a very common situation with elders. There is no clinical or other support -- because they are not covered by anything and evaluations are way outside of their affordability.
Often this will happen at a library.