Discussion on Profile Structure Point25
What is our preferred practice for finding or adding preferences?
Status: AGREE - but revised so double check below
Anyone can request a term be added to the REGISTRY.
The Maintenance Team would review and
- determine if this is appropriate for the REGISTRY (not spam, trash or just a misunderstanding of the REGISTRY)
- see if a term already exists in the COMMON REGISTRY (in which case applier is referred to it instead
- determine if this is a COMMON topic or an APPLICATION SPECIFIC property.
- if it is a valid candidate for the COMMON DIRECTORY
- determine if the NAME is a good one -- not too specific and not to general
- approve and enter it
CORE and NON-CORE are tags so changing from one to the other does not effect the URI
Changing from COMMON to APPLICATION-SPECIFIC would cause a change in URI -- so an ALIAS would have to be left behind in the COMMON that points to the APPLICATION SPECIFIC