Personas for Self-Adaptive UI Modules
These Personas shall serve as example users using the proposed Adaptive User Interfaces for the CT-80 thermostat.
- male, 59 years old
- had severe injuries at his backbone after a motorbike accident
- lying in bed
- cannot move arms or legs
- is able to move his left shoulder at least a little bit
After his accident Rocky is laying in a hospital in a single room. Every room is equipped with a thermostat holding the room temperature on a constant level. Every patient can set the temperature to his own preferred level. Furthermore, patients are able to start immediate heating or cooling. Rocky is using a scanner which he can touch with his shoulder.
- female, 37 years old
- Lilliputian, only 1.32 m tall
- lives together with her husband Peter, who is 1.86m tall
- live together in their own apartment
- where it is possible they adjust furniture, but that is not always possible
- their home town is San Francisco where weather conditions can change very quickly
- both are open to new technologies
- both of them are working
- Lilly is member of the Green Party
- together they want to protect the environment and save energy
- lately they have installed an programmable thermostat in their apartment to save energy
- there is only little space for the control panel
- Lilly cannot reach it
- they want to replace the regular touch screen used as control panel with an tablet enabling eye tracking
Lilly and her husband are living in an old house and have to pay a tremendous amount of money for energy. To save energy they decide to make some renovations. The new system comprises a programmable thermostat so that the temperature can be set for seven independent periods a day and for seven days a week. Unfortunately there is very limited space in the house. Hence, the control panel must be placed so high that Lilly cannot reach it. Consequently she wants to use the eye tracker interface.