D503.5 Task Force meeting 2017-06-21

From wiki.gpii
Jump to: navigation, search

Connection Info

  • Wed Jun 21 at 3-4pm CEST Translate to local date & time
  • Connect by browser: Gotomeeting room 2
  • Connect by phone: Meeting ID and access code: 619-028-605
    • Belgium: +32 (0) 92 98 0592
    • France: +33 (0) 182 880 456
    • Germany: +49 (0) 811 8899 6975
    • Netherlands: +31 (0) 208 080 379
    • Spain: +34 911 82 9782
    • Switzerland: +41 (0) 225 3314 51
    • United Kingdom: +44 (0) 203 535 0621
    • United States: +1 (786) 358-5410

Attendance

Present: Gottfried, Estelle, Marco, Carla, Gregg, Phil Piety (UMD)

Regrets: -

Planning: D503.5 Application Guidelines, policy and standards recommendations

Proposal: ETSI 301 549 as Google Doc (Note: do not annotate this working draft directly.)

New name: "Implementation Resources"

Timeline:

  • 2017-09-01 (tentative): DSpace public (freeze for D503.5 scope)
  • 2017-09-15: Mapping table complete - ask DSpace authors for feedback
  • 2017-09-27: Standardization workshop in Brussels - get feedback from commission and politicians
  • 2017-10-15: Feedback received from authors of DSpace items
  • 2017-11-15: Document D503.5 ready for internal review
  • 2017-11-30: Feedback from internal review in P4a
  • 2017-12-15: Deliverable D503.5 ready for submission to European Commission

Estelle, Gottfried, Marco: Continue to fill out the mapping table for the resources in DSpace.

Marco: Proposal to add tags to DSpace identifying individual provisions.

Planning for "Workshop on GPII and standardization"

The P4a DoW mentions in T502.2: "The project partners shall participate in a series of meetings, conferences and workshops to address the different target audiences."

A standardization workshop is planned by P4a in Brussels, on Sep 27, 2017, with invitations to ETSI, CEN/CENELEC, AENOR, ANEC, EDF, EC DG-CONNECT, and possibly other standardization officers and politicians.

  • A room is booked at the Fraunhofer EU Central Office, on Sep 27, 2017, at 1-5pm CEST
  • Still needed: Number of participants, equipment, food
  • Need to invite our guests from politics and standardization
  • We need to explain GPII in the invitation
  • Workshop will be by invitation only - no public announcement
  • Workshop page on GPII wiki

Agenda:

  • 13:00-13:30 Come together & lunch
  • 13:30-15:00 Presentation on Implementation Resources for ETSI EN 301 549 (mapping of GPII Developer Space content to ETSI EN 301 549 provisions)
    • Presentation on the GPII Developer Space (from different user role perspectives) - Gregg (remotely)
    • Presentation on the Implementation Resources document (draft) - Gottfried
    • Questions & discussion - all
  • 15:00-15:15 Break
  • 15:15-16:15 Presentation on the annual European rolling plan on ICT standardization - Somebody from EC?? (or is there any other topic that the EC would like to discuss with us?)
    • Preps: EC should send draft of the actual rolling plan to us by Sep. 4, 2017
    • Preps: GPII participants should submit comments before the workshop
    • Note: GPII (as an entity) takes no stance (pro or con) on regulatory issues. But GPII can help manufacturers and developers to find the optimal way to comply with any regulation.
    • Discussion on relation between rolling plan and GPII work - all
  • 16:15-16:55 Presentation on other GPII standardization work (roadmap) - Gottfried (Optional - if time allows)
    • ISO/IEC 24751-1 Access4All framework (registry service)
    • ISO/IEC 24752-8 User Interface Resource Framework (API and format for preferences and other context services)
    • Schema.org extensions for accessibility (Gottfried)
  • 16:55-17:00 Wrap-up (EC & Gottfried)

Summary of action items

  • Estelle, Marco, Gottfried: Continue to identify possible mappings -> mapping table.
  • Estelle & Carla: Identify persons to invite to the workshop.
  • Gottfried: Send agenda to Matthias and ask to set up a telecon with Tünde (and Matthias, Carla, Estelle) to discuss the workshop agenda
  • Carla: Think about 30-sec video as an invitation to the workshop

Next Meetings

  • Wed Jul 19, 3-4pm CEST - Web meeting: Status report and discussion on mappings
  • Wed Sep 6, 3-4pm CEST - Web meeting: Status report, final preps for workshop
  • Wed Sep 27, 1-5pm CEST Standardization workshop in Brussels

Appendix: Background: D503.5 Application Guidelines, policy and standards recommendations

Task: T503.3 Standardization and concertation activities

Delivery date: Jan. 2018 (month 48)

Description: In the DoW, what comes closest to a description for this deliverable is as follows:

  • "This task will also propose a set of guidelines valid for the applications considered in the project and applicable also to new applications and mainstream ICT devices. These guidelines will provide best practices associated with the role and responsibilities of all stakeholders in the design, development and deployment of accessibility solutions."

At the all-hands meeting 2017 in Stuttgart, we decided to work on an annotation tool for ETSI 301 549 as an implementation guidance for developers and project managers. It should tell them how to make it easy to comply with ETSI 301 549. This is of particular interest to us since ETSI 301 549 is the technical basis for the European Directive on Accessibility of the websites and mobile applications of public sector bodies of Oct. 2016. We believe that this directive will be a major driver for accessibility of Websites and mobile apps in Europe in the coming years. And for us, it seems to be a good opportunity to describe how the P4a tools and tutorials can be used to fulfill specific provisions of ETSI 301 549.

Note: ETSI EN 301 549 is planned to be revised in the coming 15 months to better address the new scope of the directive, i.e. including mobile apps.