D503.5 Task Force meeting 2017-05-17

From wiki.gpii
Jump to: navigation, search

Connection Info

  • Scheduled date & time
  • Connect by browser: Gotomeeting room 3
  • Connect by phone: Meeting ID and access code: 161-482-213
    • Belgium: +32 (0) 92 98 0592
    • France: +33 (0) 182 880 456
    • Germany: +49 (0) 811 8899 6975
    • Netherlands: +31 (0) 208 080 379
    • Spain: +34 911 82 9782
    • Switzerland: +41 (0) 225 3314 51
    • United Kingdom: +44 (0) 203 535 0621
    • United States: +1 (786) 358-5410

Attendance

Present: Gregg, Carla, Estelle, Ignacio, Marco, Gottfried, Ben

Regrets: Matthias

Planning: D503.5 Application Guidelines, policy and standards recommendations

Proposal: ETSI 301 549 as Google Doc (Note: do not annotate this working draft directly.)

Timeline:

  • 2017-09-01 (tentative): DSpace public (freeze for D503.5 scope)
  • 2017-09-15: Mapping table complete - ask DSpace authors for feedback
  • 2017-10-15: Feedback received from authors of DSpace items
  • 2017-11-15: Document D503.5 ready for internal review
  • 2017-11-30: Feedback from internal review in P4a
  • 2017-12-15: Deliverable D503.5 ready for submission to European Commission

Estelle, Gottfried, Marco: Continue to fill out the mapping table for the resources in DSpace.

Purpose discussion

  • Gregg: What is the purpose?
  • Gottfried: Guidance for developers providing services to governments.
  • Gregg: Per-provision basis is too detailed.
  • Gottfried: See example of Infusion Javascript Framework: User Interface Options map to: 9.2.12 Contrast (minimum); 9.2.13 Resize text. Helpful guidance for developers.
  • Gregg: Report (D503.5) should have links to the DSpace. DSpace itself should not have special tags in it.
  • Gregg: Helps to take any DSpace item and bring it in relation to something existing (technical standard & regulation).
  • Gregg: Reviewers were appreciating the standardization work of P4a.

Experiences

  • Marco: Keep information in DSpace - otherwise working on it would be too cumbersome. But we could disable the tags after P4a - because nobody can maintain them.
    • Gregg: We cannot afford a tagging structure.
  • Marco: How to supply internal comments? E.g. comment on broken links.
    • Gregg: Every page will have a mechanism to point out a problem with a page, e.g. a broken link.
  • Marco: How to manage the information? Checking with developers of items...
    • Gottfried: Standards people can start with mappings. Then check with originators of DSpace items. Then write into a document. Then internal review within P4a.
    • Gregg: Okay. But aim to be done earlier than M48.
  • Estelle: Important to ask the authors of the DSpace items. Need double and triple checks.
  • Estelle: Bibliography seems to be kind of coarse.
  • Estelle: D503.5 an annex of the ETSI standard? So we would have a way to promote DSpace to readers of the standard.
    • Gottfried: We cannot make this an official annex on the ETSI standard. But we can try to promote this through the EC.
  • Gregg: Right way to go. Helps to promote P4a and its relevance to the ETSI standard. Attach information to the DSpace for promotion, and to the individual entries.

Standardization workshop planning

The P4a DoW mentions in T502.2: "The project partners shall participate in a series of meetings, conferences and workshops to address the different target audiences."

A standardization workshop is being planned by P4a in Brussels, possibly in Q2/2017 (2nd week of July?), with invitations to ETSI, CEN/CENELEC, AENOR, ANEC, EDF, EC DG-CONNECT, and possibly other standardization officers and politicians.

Objectives:

  • Present the idea of developing a GPII annex (implementation guidance) for ETSI EN 301 549 (revised) - get feedback
  • EC to present on the annual European rolling plan on ICT standardization
    • EC should send draft of the actual rolling plan to us 4 weeks ahead of the workshop
    • GPII should submit comments before the workshop
    • Discuss relation between rolling plan and GPII standardization work
  • (Optional) Present other standardization work of GPII (roadmap)
    • ISO/IEC 24751-1 Access4All framework (registry service)
    • ISO/IEC 24752-8 User Interface Resource Framework (API and format for Preference and other context services)
    • Schema.org extensions for accessibility.

Discussion on planning:

  • Carla: Tünde responded through Matthias. EC cannot provide a room, but can suggest a list of attendees.
  • Estelle: Room alternatives: CEN/CENELEC or AGE platform. But a bit away from the EC.
  • Carla: Alternative: Fraunhofer EU Office Brussels.
  • Gottfried/Estelle: Move it to Sep/Oct? Maybe as an opening for the DSpace.
  • Gregg: Possible to connect by Web.
  • Possible new dates: Wed 27 Sep; Thu 5 Oct. Carla and Estelle will pursue planning for one of these dates.

Summary of action items

  • Estelle, Marco, Gottfried: Continue to identify possible mappings -> mapping table.
  • Carla & Estelle: Organize workshop in Brussels on 27 Sep or Thu 5 Oct

Next Meetings

  • Wed Jun 21, 3-4pm CEST Status report and discussion on mappings (GotoMeeting)
  • Wed 27 Sep or Thu 5 Oct, 1-5pm CEST (tentative) Standardization workshop in Brussels

Appendix: Background: D503.5 Application Guidelines, policy and standards recommendations

Task: T503.3 Standardization and concertation activities

Delivery date: Jan. 2018 (month 48)

Description: In the DoW, what comes closest to a description for this deliverable is as follows:

  • "This task will also propose a set of guidelines valid for the applications considered in the project and applicable also to new applications and mainstream ICT devices. These guidelines will provide best practices associated with the role and responsibilities of all stakeholders in the design, development and deployment of accessibility solutions."

At the all-hands meeting 2017 in Stuttgart, we decided to work on an annotation tool for ETSI 301 549 as an implementation guidance for developers and project managers. It should tell them how to make it easy to comply with ETSI 301 549. This is of particular interest to us since ETSI 301 549 is the technical basis for the European Directive on Accessibility of the websites and mobile applications of public sector bodies of Oct. 2016. We believe that this directive will be a major driver for accessibility of Websites and mobile apps in Europe in the coming years. And for us, it seems to be a good opportunity to describe how the P4a tools and tutorials can be used to fulfill specific provisions of ETSI 301 549.

Note: ETSI EN 301 549 is planned to be revised in the coming 15 months to better address the new scope of the directive, i.e. including mobile apps.