D503.5 Task Force Meeting 2017-04-18

From wiki.gpii
Jump to: navigation, search

Connection Info

  • Scheduled date & time
  • Connect by browser: Gotomeeting room 3
  • Connect by phone: Meeting ID and access code: 161-482-213
    • Belgium: +32 (0) 92 98 0592
    • France: +33 (0) 182 880 456
    • Germany: +49 (0) 811 8899 6975
    • Netherlands: +31 (0) 208 080 379
    • Spain: +34 911 82 9782
    • Switzerland: +41 (0) 225 3314 51
    • United Kingdom: +44 (0) 203 535 0621
    • United States: +1 (786) 358-5410

Attendance

Present: Gottfried, Estelle, Ben, Marco, Carla

Regrets: Gregg

Background: D503.5 Application Guidelines, policy and standards recommendations

Task: T503.3 Standardization and concertation activities

Delivery date: Jan. 2018 (month 48)

Description: In the DoW, what comes closest to a description for this deliverable is as follows:

  • This task will also propose a set of guidelines valid for the applications considered in the project and applicable also to new applications and mainstream ICT devices. These guidelines will provide best practices associated with the role and responsibilities of all stakeholders in the design, development and deployment of accessibility solutions.

In Stuttgart, we decided to work on an annotation tool for ETSI 301 549 as an implementation guidance for developers and project managers. It should tell them how to make it easy to comply with ETSI 301 549. This is of particular interest to us since ETSI 301 549 is the technical basis for the European Directive on Accessibility of the websites and mobile applications of public sector bodies of Oct. 2016. We believe that this directive will be a major driver for accessibility of Websites and mobile apps in Europe in the coming years. And for us, it seems to be a good opportunity to describe how the P4a tools and tutorials can be used to fulfill specific provisions of ETSI 301 549.

Note: ETSI EN 301 549 is planned to be revised in the coming 15 months to better address the new scope of the directive, i.e. including mobile apps.

Planning: D503.5 Application Guidelines, policy and standards recommendations

Proposal: Working draft in progress (Note: do not annotate this working draft since we plan to annotate the DSpace items directly.)

Current resources in DSpace, and who will look into them.

Note: Currently, only the sections are listed. In the Google Doc, please extend the sections to list all items in them.

DSpace section

(# of entries)

Assigned to
Quicksheets (2) Estelle
Tutorials (8) Gottfried
Bibliography (16) Estelle
Code Components (92) Marco et al?
Frameworks & SDKs (7) Gottfried
Hardware Components (6) Gottfried
Developer Tools (13) Gottfried
Services (4) Gottfried
Marketing Tools (2) Gottfried

Question: Can we directly add comments to the DSpace?

  • Ben: Ask Gregg, Till if we can add a database field "Relation to ETSI 301 549" to the DSpace entries. Also create tags which correspond to the ETSI standard, e.g. "ETSI301549-5.1.3.2". We also need to keep a record of the authors of the tags and descriptions, to know who to contact in case of necessary corrections. Also flag items that have been reviewed, etc.

Other comments:

  • Unified listing is a catalog of available ready-to-use products for end users. Developer Space is more a support for developers and builders.

Timeline:

  • 2017-07-31: Mappings complete (see table - Gottfried to set up a Google doc for this)
  • 2017-10-31: Describe mappings and their purpose in the DSpace
  • 2017-11-30: Internal review in SP2, SP3, SP5
  • 2017-12-23: Draft deliverable ready for internal review in P4a (formal process)
  • 2018-01-31: Submission to European Commission

Standardization workshop planning

The P4a DoW mentions in T502.2: "The project partners shall participate in a series of meetings, conferences and workshops to address the different target audiences."

A standardization workshop is being planned by P4a in Brussels, possibly in Q2/2017 (2nd week of July?), with invitations to ETSI, CEN/CENELEC, AENOR, ANEC, EDF, EC DG-CONNECT, and possibly other standardization officers and politicians.

Objectives:

  • Present the idea of developing a GPII annex (implementation guidance) for ETSI EN 301 549 (revised) - get feedback
  • EC to present on the annual European rolling plan on ICT standardization
    • EC should send draft of the actual rolling plan to us 4 weeks ahead of the workshop
    • GPII should submit comments before the workshop
    • Discuss relation between rolling plan and GPII standardization work
  • (Optional) Present other standardization work of GPII (roadmap)
    • ISO/IEC 24751-1 Access4All framework (registry service)
    • ISO/IEC 24752-8 User Interface Resource Framework (API and format for Preference and other context services)
    • Schema.org extensions for accessibility Carla: Book a room at the European Commission.
  • Estelle: Contact our project coordinator (Matthias, cc Gregg) to send a note to our project officer to ask for a room and vacation schedule. Suggest list of external stakeholders.

Summary of action items and next steps

  • Estelle, Marco, Gottfried: Identify possible mappings -> table in Google Doc
  • Ben: Implement mappings and descriptions for DSpace items (after consultation with Gregg & Till)
  • Estelle: Contact our project coordinator (Matthias, cc Gregg) to send a note to our project officer to ask for a room and vacation schedule. Suggest list of external stakeholders.
  • Carla: Book a room at the European Commission.

Next Meetings

  • Wed May 17, 3-4:30pm CEST Status report and discussion on mappings (GotoMeeting)
  • Wed Jul 19, 1-5pm CEST (tentative) Standardization workshop in Brussels