Cloud4all Deliverable Guidelines
Cloud4all deliverables should use Microsoft Word's built-in bibliography tool to list references in APA style. LibreOffice Writer and OpenOffice Writer also have tools for citations. Below are some links to tutorials and videos.
- Word for Windows:
- Word for Mac OS:
- Microsoft: Add or change sources, citations, and bibliographies (Word for Mac 2011).
- YouTube video: Citations and Works Cited - Word Mac 2011.
- OpenOffice and LibreOffice:
Note: Bibliography & citations created in Word 2007 and 2010 may not work in Word 2003: Microsoft Office: Compatibility changes between versions.
For Mendeley users:
- Mendeley Support: Installing and using the Word plugin in OS X (covers Word 2008 and Word 2011).
- Mendely Support: Installing and using the Word plugin in Windows.
Formatting long quotes
To format long quotes (longer than 40 words) in APA style:
- put the quotation in an paragraph indented 1 cm from the left margin,
- omit quotation marks around the quotation,
- add the citation after the closing punctuation mark.
- Block Quotations in APA Style, APA Style Blog, 14 June 2013,
- Punctuating Around Quotation Marks, APA Style Blog, 11 August 2011,
- Block Quotations (APA) on Writing Commons.
- Cloud4all accessibility guidelines.
- Cloud4all accessibility checklist.
- Authoring Techniques for Accessible Office Documents: Microsoft Word 2010.
- Authoring Techniques for Accessible Office Documents: Microsoft Word 2011:Mac.
- WebAIM: "PDF Accessibility: Converting Documents to PDF".
- Adobe resources on PDF accessibility.
For help on grammar and writing style, see Deliverable Style Guide.