CCCC (Controlable Crowd Caption Correction) Tool
NOTE: If you find this component useful or want to comment leave a short message on the discussion page of this component
Description:The CCCC uses crowd-sourced listeners and correctors, who read a real-time transcript that is being generated either from the professional captioner or an alternative source (e.g. Google Automatic Speech Recognition)
CCCC can be accessed here:
- http://ccc.raisingthefloor.org/ccc/cccentry.php - An administrator can setup a caption "room".
- http://ccc.raisingthefloor.org/ccc/login.html - A corrector can correct the captions by logging in to the room.
Default pwd is 123. (this will change soon.)
Harrington and Vanderheiden (2013) presented the CCCC at the ASSETS 2013 conference. A figure from Harrington and Vanderheiden (2013) showing the demo of the CCCC is included below.
Harrington, R. P., & Vanderheiden, G. C. (2013, October). Crowd caption correction (CCC). In Proceedings of the 15th International ACM SIGACCESS Conference on Computers and Accessibility (p. 45). ACM.
- Mount system on GPII server
- This will then become an infrastructure service of GPII under Prosperity4All
- Put all preferences into GPII compatible form
- Incorporate some of the GPII UI Access features into CCCC tool