Bioelectrics Signal Acquisition and Processing Modules
NOTE: If you find this component useful or want to comment leave a short message on the discussion page of this component
Bioelectric Signal Acquisition and Processing Modules
- Measure EMG, EEG or EOG and use these signals for controlling alternative human-computer interfaces
The currently supported devices are:
- the Modular EEG 6-channel EEG amplifier
- the Olimex SMT EEG
- the OpenBCI 8-channel EEG/EMG/ECG amplifier
- other particular devices can be integrated upon request
These devices transfer data to the connected computer via a COM port via a protocol. In case of the ModularEEG, this data protocol is called "P2", and the plugin which supports the connection and provides the raw multichannel bioelectric signals is called "P2 parser". The COM Port number where the device is connected must be specified in the plugin properties.
Data interface for the OpenEEG "p2 parser" component
(for an explaination of the terms "port", "event listener", "event trigger" and "property" please refer to AsTeRICS AT Modules)
- Channel1 to Channel6 [integer]: Each output corresponds to the sampled data from its corresponding channel. The values range for -512 to 512. A calibration procedure to obtain the factor for calculation of microvolts must be performed with the amplifier device.
- COMPort [String]: The name of the COM port, for example COM2 or COM17.
- Baudrate [Integer]: The baud rate for the transmission. Standard is 57600.
Originally, the AsTeRICS Runtime Environment (ARE) was licensed under GPLv3.  For usage within the P4ALL/GPII project, the ARE and dedicated building blocks can be relicensed under a less restrictive licence. For more information please contact FHTW.