This activity takes care of technical and interoperability testing issues related to the solutions/applications developed in the framework of SP3 . Specific technical validation and interoperability testing plans will be developed before each testing phase and for each prototype , in close collaboration with all the relevant development teams, in order to detail the goals, the indicators and the approaches to be followed. The use cases and application scenarios are also taken into account, as they indicate the targeted user experience when using the application.
Testing are carried out by the development teams of each Cloud4All prototype and should be conducted before the iterations of the user testing of SP4 in each phase, in order to allow adequate time for debugging, if needed, before the user’s experience with the applications. In case significant technical failures are noticed, then the respective prototypes will move to the next user test iteration. It is expected that in the course of this testing possible modifications to the APfP mechanisms, as well as major or minor bugs that could prevent proper adaptation of the desktop and web environment to the end user profile may be identified and flagged up to the developers of the prototypes. The findings of this activity will be continuously fed back to the respective development teams. In this way, from each evaluation round, results both from the users (SP4 testing) but also from the developers point of view (SP3 testing) will be aggregated to lead to further optimisation in the next version of the prototype or application. In each technical validation iteration, the versions of the prototypes will be assessed in terms of technical performance against the initial specifications (before being commissioned to be tested with users). The features to be assessed may include:
- Functionality Testing: Assessment for its correct functioning according to its functional and technical specifications;
- User Interface Testing: Assessment for its easy operation, content navigation, etc.;
- Interaction Testing: Assessment for errors in the interaction with other modules developed in Cloud4All (e.g.the profile server);
- Compatibility Testing: Assessment for compatibility with diverse devices (e.g. smartphones, java based phones and PC’s), diverse OSs (e.g. Windows and Linux) and diverse browsers (e.g. IE, and Firefox);
- Performance Testing: Assessment for its performance for diverse Internet connection speeds, its response to the diverse devices, OSs and browsers and stress testing;
- Security Testing: Assessment for unauthorised access to information, unsecured provision of private data, etc.