Difference between revisions of "Standardization Meeting 2017-03-28"

From wiki.gpii
Jump to: navigation, search
(Meeting notes, still in draft mode)
m (Overview on standardization activities (all): mailto link)
Line 36: Line 36:
 
Reports on standardization activities.  
 
Reports on standardization activities.  
  
Everyone, please update your part in the [https://wiki.gpii.net/w/Standardization_Roadmap GPII standardization roadmap] before the meeting.  If you lack editing rights, consult [[Mailto:kasper@raisingthefloor.org|Kasper Markus]].
+
Everyone, please update your part in the [https://wiki.gpii.net/w/Standardization_Roadmap GPII standardization roadmap] before the meeting.  If you lack editing rights, consult [Mailto:kasper@raisingthefloor.org Kasper Markus].
  
 
== Application Guidelines, policy and standards recommendations ==
 
== Application Guidelines, policy and standards recommendations ==

Revision as of 18:27, 28 March 2017

Connection Info

  • Scheduled date & time
  • Connect by browser: Gotomeeting room 3
  • Connect by phone: Meeting ID and access code: 161-482-213
    • United States: +1 (786) 358-5410
    • Australia: +61 7 3123 6029
    • Austria: +43 (0) 7 2088 1400
    • Belgium: +32 (0) 92 98 0592
    • Canada: +1 (416) 900-1165
    • Denmark: +45 (0) 69 91 88 62
    • Finland: +358 (0) 942 41 5778
    • France: +33 (0) 182 880 456
    • Germany: +49 (0) 811 8899 6975
    • Ireland: +353 (0) 14 845 976
    • Italy: +39 0 247 92 12 39
    • Netherlands: +31 (0) 208 080 379
    • New Zealand: +64 (0) 4 974 7215
    • Norway: +47 21 03 58 96
    • Spain: +34 911 82 9782
    • Sweden: +46 (0) 313 613 558
    • Switzerland: +41 (0) 225 3314 51
    • United Kingdom: +44 (0) 203 535 0621
    • United States: +1 (786) 358-5410

Attendance

Present: Shadi Abou-Zahra, Christophe Strobbe, Gottfried Zimmermann, Estelle Huchet, Carla Zaldua, Gregg Vanderheiden, Andy Heath, Judy Brewer, Andreas Stiegler

Regrets: Matthias Peißner

Who wants to be added to the mailing list standardization@gpii.net? - Judy, Shadi

Overview on standardization activities (all)

Reports on standardization activities.

Everyone, please update your part in the GPII standardization roadmap before the meeting. If you lack editing rights, consult Kasper Markus.

Application Guidelines, policy and standards recommendations

In Prosperity4all, Deliverable D503.5 is titled "Application Guidelines, policy and standards recommendations". It is due by Jan. 2018 (last month of Prosperity4all).

During the P4a all-hands meeting in Stuttgart in March 2017 it was discussed to implement this deliverable as an annex to ETSI EN 301 549 (the technical standard for the European Commission's Directive on making public sector websites and apps more accessible - previously called mandate 376). The idea is to point the reader to P4a tools and guidelines that help to fulfill selected provisions of the standard.

Note: ETSI EN 301 549 is planned to be revised in the coming 15 months to better address the new scope of the directive, i.e. including mobile apps.

Working draft in progress

Discussion?

  • Talk with W3C about implementation guidance for WCAG 2.1 - in particular mobile aspect (Gottfried to contact Judy).

Task Force?

Standardization workshop planning (Gottfried, Estelle)

The P4a DoW mentions in T502.2: "The project partners shall participate in a series of meetings, conferences and workshops to address the different target audiences."

A standardization workshop is being planned by P4a in Brussels, possibly in Q2/2017 (2nd week of July?), with invitations to ETSI, CEN/CENELEC, AENOR, ANEC, EDF, EC DG-CONNECT, and possibly other standardization officers and politicians.

Objectives:

  • Present the idea of developing a GPII annex (implementation guidance) for ETSI EN 301 549 (revised) - get feedback
  • EC to present on the annual European rolling plan on ICT standardization
    • EC should send draft of the actual rolling plan to us 4 weeks ahead of the workshop
    • GPII should submit comments before the workshop
    • Discuss relation between rolling plan and GPII standardization work
  • (Optional) Present other standardization work of GPII (roadmap)
    • ISO/IEC 24751-1 Access4All framework (registry service)
    • ISO/IEC 24752-8 User Interface Resource Framework (API and format for Preference and other context services)
    • Schema.org extensions for accessibility

Action items and next steps

From previous meeting:

  • Results from user needs summary (once finished) should be registered as concept terms.
  • Register terms coming from IMS, schema.org, Dublin Core on GPII registry server. Contact Tony Atkin for adding terms.
  • Gottfried to set up a call for those organizing the standardization workshop.