Smart House Kick-off meeting 2012-05-23
This page is about the smart house activity in the Cloud4all project (November 2011 – October 2015) and is now outdated.
- Andres Iglesias (Technosite)
- Gianna Taco (SILO)
- Prof. Gottfried Zimmermann, Christophe Strobbe, Rahul Gautam (HdM)
- Prof. Gregg Vanderheiden (RtF-I)
- Taxiarchis Tsaprounis (CERTH)
- Todor Marinov, Boyan Sheytanov, Dian Asenov (Astea)
Overview of the activity presented by Astea
A305.3 SmartHouses preference invoker is part of WP305 (Embedded systems). Its primary purpose is to create an online simulation of a smart home environment, with two main focuses:
- Auto-personalisation in a foreign environment (e.g. a user leaves home and wants to apply the same settings elsewhere)
- Auto-personalisation for multiple users in a shared space (i. e. several people living in the same environment)
- We will keep all information public in an appropriate section of the GPII wiki (wiki.gpii.net) - take a look at the implementation section. Astea will take care of providing the initial wiki structure.
- We will setup a public mailing list for communication - Astea will arrange that with Kasper Markus from RtF-I
- Meetings: Do them bi-weekly on Wednesdays, at 15:00 CEST (16:00 EEST). Next meeting is June, 6th
- Are we simulating or implementing a real smart home?
- Gregg: Original proposal included a real smart home, but that was changed to an online simulation.
- There is a real smart home setting in Thessaloniki that can be monitored with IP camera - can be used as an example of how a vendor can plugin in the architecture
- Main part of the work is on the simulation, but we can use CERTH’s facilities to showcase it.
- Gregg: The focus should be on auto-configuration
- Christophe: There is an overlap between smart home and simulation
- Boyan: We might follow Electric Imp (http://www.electricimp.com/) and their progress on connecting devices to the Internet
- Christophe: How to create the simulation?
- HTML5 and CSS3 (possibly using Adobe Edge)
- initially targeting fall detection systems, life switches, panic buttons - will put that on the wiki once the structure there is complete
- Gottfried: we should connect with AALOA, universAAL (perhaps a workshop)
- Andres: Should we personalise user interface or actuators
- Probably both, but we need to be careful with actuator personalisation