The Needs and Preferences' Working Group
The Needs and Preferences working groups are focused on
- developing the standards' for user needs & preferences
- Contributing to the ISO/IEC 24751 and AccessForAll standards
- Defining the standard format for the GPII REGISTRY of User Needs and Preferences
- (the architecture working group is responsible for setting up that actual REGISTRY)
- developing/maintaining the Common descriptors / items in the User Needs and Preferences REGISTRY
- for both interfaces and for materials/resources
- Developing Ontologies to make it easier to understand and work with the User Needs and Preferences.
The Needs and Preferences' group uses a mail lists, weekly meetings, and wikis to carry out most of its work.
NOTE: Participation in the working group is open to all subject to the standard WORKING GROUP PARTICIPATION CRITERIA. These criteria are easy to meet and designed only to ensure that our work remains open and free and that all feel welcome to participate.
- User Profile Meeting is every TUESDAY at 12:00 PM UTC. https://wisc.adobeconnect.com/ccc Login as guest.
- MAIL LIST:
- GENERAL MAIL LIST = email@example.com (sign up at http://lists.gpii.net )
- (old archives are currently at a ACCESS4ALL STANDARDS MAIL LIST = Accessforall@fluidproject.org but will be moved to the new list later.
- GENERAL WIKI - This WIKI and other WIKI pages linked to from this one
- ACCESS4ALL STANDARDS WIKI - http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/ISO24751/AccessForAll+Working+Group
- OTHER: Code is often kept in other repositories. These and all other resources used are linked to from this WIKI
KEY Preferences Group Working Pages
The work in this group is currently broken up into 3 sub groups
- User Preferences - Standards, Registry and all gathered data on User Needs and Preferences (interfaces and materials)
- Ontologies - All CLOUD4All/GPII work on ontologies and ontological tools
- Matchmaking - all REAL-TIME Matchmaking work (See Shopping Aid for "pre-sale" matchmaking)
SEE ALSO the new proposed Registry Tools
We have also created several MASTERPAGES that are the central reference points for the most up-to-date and the most core information on specific topics. We currently have 3 MASTERPAGES
- Common Terms Registry - the REGISTRY of COMMON TERMS used for used in NEEDS, PREFERENCE and PERMISSION SET.
- User Needs and Preferences SetsUSER NeedPrefPerm SETS - (aka User Pref Profiles) the format etc for the User Needs/Preferences & Permissions Sets that reside on the User N/P+P Set server
- Materials and Solutions - Raw Data regarding Settings from different Products and other sources
Currently Active Members in the Needs and Preferences Working Group
(this list is quite incomplete - please add you name if you are active )
- Subgroup codes
- U = User Preferences
- O = Ontologies
- M = Matchmaking
- Andy Heath
- Colin Clark [UOM]
- Erlend Overby
- Gottfried Zimmermann [UOM]
- Gregg Vanderheiden [UO]
- Jutta Treviranus
- Kasper Galschiot Markus [UOM]
- Kostas Votis
- Liddy Nevile
- Steve Lee
- Trifon Trifonov
- Vassilis Koutkias [UO]
People who have Contributed to the Needs and Preferences work
Andrés Iglesias Pérez, Denis Anson, Gerhard Weber, Gianna Tsakou, Jor, Juan M. Fernández, Jutta Croll, Kostas Votis, Maria Gemou, Nick Allott, Peter, Ulrike, Richard Schwerdtfeger, Sverker Abrahamsson