- 1 General Description
- 2 Lists
- 2.1 Architecture (email@example.com)
- 2.2 Preferences and Profiles (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 2.3 Vendors and Implementers (email@example.com)
- 2.4 Unified Listing and Marketplace (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 2.5 Developer Space (email@example.com)
- 2.6 Implementation Tiger Team (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 2.7 Contributors (email@example.com)
Below is an overview of the GPII mailing lists. These are public and free for anyone to join. They are topic oriented lists and should be used for day to day communication, discussions, announcements and technical jibber jabber.
For confidential information, project management and internal announcements, please use the other means (For the Cloud4All project, use the SP lists).
Ad-hoc lists can be created for heavy discussions to offload a topic list. It should be clear what topic list the ad-hoc list is a sub-topic of. Creation of ad-hoc lists should be reported on main topic list and once the ad-hoc list is done, its conclusions should be reported back to the main topic list. Google groups can be used, or the creation of an @lists.gpii.net list can be requested from Kasper Markus (Raising The Floor) or Colin Clark (IDRC).
Anything related to the general architecture of GPII. This includes security, storage, protocols, APIs, the general architecture framework.
- List: firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Sign up: http://lists.gpii.net/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/architecture
- Archive: http://lists.gpii.net/pipermail/architecture/
Preferences and Profiles (email@example.com)
Anything related to preferences and profiles. This includes standards work, sample/personal profiles, preferences, matchmaker, meta-data.
- List: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sign up: http://lists.gpii.net/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/preferences
- Archive: http://lists.gpii.net/pipermail/preferences/
Vendors and Implementers (email@example.com)
Relevant anybody who is creating and/or distributing products compatible with GPII/Cloud4All products and services – free and open source, commercial and proprietary. This includes SP3 of the C4A project and work on the Settings and Launch Handlers.
- List: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sign up: http://lists.gpii.net/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/vendors
- Archive: http://lists.gpii.net/pipermail/vendors/
Unified Listing and Marketplace (email@example.com)
Unified Listing and Marketplace. Subjects related to a federation of repositories of solutions and components, unified listing of AT, and the GPII Market Place.
- List: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sign up: http://lists.gpii.net/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/ulist
- Archive: http://lists.gpii.net/pipermail/ulist/
Developer Space (email@example.com)
Developer Space. The Developer Space will be a compilation of parts, tools, frameworks and resources for developers to help and lower cost in development of AT. Everything related to this goes on this list.
- List: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sign up: http://lists.gpii.net/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/dspace
- Archive: http://lists.gpii.net/pipermail/dspace/
Implementation Tiger Team (email@example.com)
The tigers concentrate on integrating implementation with the GPII.
- List: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sign up: email the list requesting to join
- Archive: Tigers Google group discussions
If you'd like to contribute to the GPII then talk to us here.