- 1 Material Collections
- 2 Guidelines and Handbooks
- 3 Media HowTos
- 4 Forums and Q&As
- 5 Working Groups
- 6 Research and recommendations
- 7 More Blogs & News
- 8 Misc
- 9 Contribute
- 10 Team and Leads
- 11 About Resources on the Developer Space
- 100 Killer Web Accessibility Resources: Blogs, Forums and Tutorials
- web2access.org.uk .
- Section 508
- BRL on freecat.org
- Fluid Wiki Accessibility Resources
- AbleNet University
- AT ideas and tools
- Tutorials for homemade AT
- TRACE resources
- G3ICT resource center e.g. with curated publications and reports
Text to speech (TTS)
- http://www.oatsoft.org/Software/Software/by-category/Repository/Function/TextToSpeech http://www.findbestopensource.com/tagged/text-to-speech
Guidelines and Handbooks
- Raising the floor Solutions MasterList
- W3C WAI Overview & Guidelines
- Android Accessibility Developer Guide and Android Accessibility Help
Cultural and Language
- Liz Gannes: T.V. Raman’s Audio Deja Vu: From Google, a Math-Reading System for the Web, 4 June 2013.
- InftyReader Automatically Converting a BMP Math Image to MathML.
- InftyReader Automatically Converting a PNG Math Image to LaTeX.
- InftyReader Automatically Converting a PNG Math Image to MathML.
- InftyReader Automatically Converting a TIF Math Image to LaTeX.
- InftyReader Automatically Converting a TIF Math Image to MathML.
- HTML5 and MathML: MathML Browser Test (Presentation Markup) ( Josephus Javawaski, 2012).
- Important docs:
Forums and Q&As
- Forum for AT in Arabic world
- WebAim Discussion/Help
- Epub Accessibility Forum
- Google Groups
- W3C Community Groups
- Google: Developer Resource Links , Configuring Google Product
- W3C Web Accessibility Initiative groups
- Cognitive and Learning Disabilities Accessibility Task Force (Cognitive A11Y TF) - Creating SCs that will appear in next WCAG release
Research and recommendations
W3C coga task force
- Cognitive Accessibility User Research
- Issue Papers
- Authoring Techniques
- Gap Analysis - Tables of User Needs
- success criteria proposals for WCAG 2.1
- Semantics for personalization
More Blogs & News
- Usability Matters on Accessibility
- Assistive Technology Blog
- Marco's Accessibility Blog
- Ergohacks blog on accessibility
- Engadget    
- TechCrunch   
- Accessible In-Sight Blog
- insights on Inclusive Learning Technology
- G3ICT Bloggers & Experts
- Adobe Accessibility Blog
- Accessibility Wins
- Google Material Design Accessibility Guide
- Doug Schepers on Invisible Visualization @ OpenViz Conf
- Retrofitted accessibility using "Active Browsing" via userscripts http://userscripts.org/scripts/search?q=accessibility&submit=Search
- wouldn't that be sth. for crowd sourced assistance on demand: http://platypus.mozdev.org/ , user cannot view web site and asks for help, other user does interactive cleanup. Contacted Scott: currently GPL but willing to relicence
- Also good for cleanups: http://sixserv.org/2011/02/12/feedability-nodejs-feed-proxy-with-readability/
!!!!Please add your favourite resources!!!!
The mailing list for this topic is DSpace@lists.gpii.net.
You do not need to be on the team to submit something: send an email to mailto:email@example.com.
Team and Leads
The following people have signed on to help develop this area. Anyone who is willing to work on this is welcome to do so. Contact one of the team leads
About Resources on the Developer Space
See also Developers Space
The Goal of the developer space is to create a central point for finding resource information and people to assist in creating more accessible:
The Developer Space will provide web designers and developers with pointers to a variety of accessible and flexible components from across the web. These components will be enhanced to support user preferences and personalization out of the box, requiring less effort on the part of developers to make their applications compatible with the GPII.
As part of this work, Infusion and other tools will continue to grow to support model-based and visual programming environments that will help close the gap between developers and end-users, providing a means for users to influence and participate within the design, development and testing process more actively.
For specific components refer to Developer Space/Components