This page is designed to help you identify areas to work on according to your personal skills and interests. If you need more information on contributing to the GPII see the Contributor's Emporium. Here's some ideas.
Review channels and materials for accessibility
Many of our dissemination channels and materials would benefit a thorough accessibility review (eg websites, newsletters, posts, videos). We'd love to have a pool of contributors we can call on when new items need checking before publication. Let us know if you are interested.
Try out the GPII Core Infrastructure
Possibly the very first thing to do is to try out the GPII. Simply install it, play with it, talking to us about your experience and/or raising issues if you find problems
The GPII core infrastructure currently runs on Linux (Fedora), Windows and Android. Our 'builds' are most suitable for demonstrations or allow developers to explore the GPII and contribute to our work. See Installing the GPII or Setting Up Your Development Environment for installation on Linux and Windows. The Cloud4All developers blog also has detailed installation instructions.
Get a solution working with the GPII Core Infrastructure
If you are a developer then one activity that will help you learn a lot about the GPII and also provide great value to the GPII is to get a new solution working with the GPII Core Infrastructure. This might be a program you have developed or one you know about.
How you can help
We'd love your support in any form but here are some ideas:
- User activities
- Testing and reviewing
- Activism and outreach
- Anything else
Where You can Help
These links should help you find areas you might be interested in
- Major Components of GPII work
- GPII technical work overview
- User Involvement
- Dissemination and outreach via our main channels
- Documentation - this wiki always needs updating and some "wiki gardening"
- Help organise and fill out the DeveloperSpace
- Migrate information in public Project Deliverables to the wiki
- User and developer collaboration
- Economic - biz models, sustainability
- Unified Listing a global registry of all solutions
- Preference Terms Database a global listing of possible preferences (replaces common terms database)
- Preferences (real time)
- Solutions Registry list of solutions known to the GPII (real time)
We've a Glossary if you get stuck on a term.